A flight controller that's equally at home in fixed wings and multis. Most of us have or will eventually fly both, so why have to invest in two different devices (with their own idiosyncrasies) when we want essentially the same features from both. The controller also needs to be integrated with the OSD so it can be tuned with your radios sticks and so you can see controller information on the screen.
- Simpler, more plug and play wiring and setup. We've tried to simplify every aspect of FPV setup, without sacrificing the features that we all want. You should be able to just plug in your transmitter and camera without fighting with wiring, power supplies, etc.
Eagle Tree is excited to unveil the Vector FPV Controller!
Years in the making, the Vector has everything we've dreamed about having in one small, lightweight product:
- Built-in OSD with COLOR GRAPHICS and fully customizable screens (make it look as simple or robust as you like!)
- FIXED WING and MULTIROTOR Flight Controller with GPS modes and RTH
- SIMPLE to set up and operate "out of the box", with no PC required for most features
- COMPATIBLE: PCM, SPPM and S.BUS receiver support, with four types of RSSI
- EXPANDABLE with additional sensors, accessories, and internet firmware updates
- FLEXIBLE: fly with or without your FPV camera and transmitter
- REDUCED WIRING: innovative wire harness with power distribution simplifies hookup
- Current sensor with quiet and efficient filtered 12V* and 5V Power Supply Unit supports up to 6S packs
- Built-in altimeter, IMU and magnetic compass sensors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB8LDlTG ... e=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9AqyLI ... e=youtu.be
The Vector system includes the base controller unit, the GPS/Magnetometer, and the Current Sensor/PSU. The Vector's feature list is quite long, so what follows is an overview of the main features:
Full Color OSD
The Vector's built-in OSD provides features not found anywhere else.
- Smooth, razor sharp color graphics: tired of staring at hard to read white text with clunky graphics? The Vector changes all that. WARNING: a full color OSD can be addictive! Colors are fully adjustable to your preference.
In addition to the graphical features shown above, nearly all of the Vector's parameters can be displayed in 3 ways:
- Numeric - same as always, but in color, with programmable flashing color alarms
- Gauge - you can easily set up parameters to be displayed in gauge format, with programmable color thresholds
- Swatch - Instead of staring at a number, you can set up a simple color square (we call them swatches) with programmable color changes, to easily see when a parameter needs your attention.
- Fully Customizable OSD Screens: Your way is the right way. You can select what features and parameters to display on multiple screens, and switch between them with a click of a switch. The display can be as simple or robust as you want it to be!
- Voice alerts: The Vector can speak flight information to you periodically, or on programmed alarms.
- Variometers: The Vector is the first OSD to provide a charting graphical variometer, as well as acoustical tone variometers. The variometers are fully programmable to suit your taste.
- RSSI: The Vector supports four types of RSSI:
- Analog (fully buffered input)
- PCM - some receivers output a varying pulserate to indicate signal strength, which the Vector supports.
- Spektrum - all Spektrum FlightLog telemetry parameters are available for display, as well as a feature that combines them into a single RSSI display
- Virtual SPPMRSSI: some receivers output RSSI and link quality via the SPPM interface, which is supported
- Fast, easy control and menuing system: The Vector utilizes switch "gestures" and your control stick to let you rapidly scroll through menus and change parameters. All OSD parameters can be configured via the stick menus!
- Kitchen sink: Of course, all the other OSD features you've come to expect from Eagle Tree, such as RADAR, ladders, compass, full 'F16' AHI, flight simulator, manual waypoints, monitoring of up to four battery voltages, and a huge list of parameters available for display are there in the Vector.
Utilizing our proven Guardian technology, the Vector's built-in, full featured flight controller is equally at home with both fixed wing (traditional, elevon, v-tail, etc.) and multirotor (quadcopter, hexacopter) aircraft.
And, since the controller is fully integrated with the OSD, everything can be adjusted via the onscreen menus, rather than needing to drag a laptop or other device to the field.
You can even move the Vector back and forth between your fixed wing and your multirotor at the field, with no PC configuration needed!
Advanced Flight Modes
Numerous flight modes are available, and are easily selectable via one or more switches on your radio:
- 2D: multirotor or fixed wing leveling with or without altitude and heading hold
- 3D: direct rate 3D with or without heading lock, for doing acrobatics when you get bored just flying along. Great for holding 3D positions such as knife edges or inverted flight, or doing flips with your quad (experts only!). Pitch, roll and yaw direct rates are programmable of course.
- Return to Home (RTH): Whether you fly fixed wing or multirotors, our advanced RTH algorithm means few if any adjustments are needed.
- Geofence: lets you program a maximum ceiling and distance for your model.
- Loiter: for multirotors, this holds the present position using the altimeter and GPS, and for fixed wing, the plane circles when loiter is triggered
- Cartesian: this multirotor control mode remembers the direction that the 'copter was pointing when you armed it. Stick-left makes it fly to the left, stick-back makes it fly backwards, etc.
Simple but Powerful Radio Control Interface
The Vector's receiver input harness with labeled connectors makes it easy to connect to any receiver.
The Vector supports three types of RC inputs:
- Standard/PCM: the Vector's labeled servo connectors just plug into the appropriate receiver channels
- SPPM and S-BUS: a single cable connects to your SPPM or Futaba S.BUS compatible outputs, for reduced wiring and more flexibility. The PC software lets you dedicate up to 11 serial channels to the Vector, making it easy to support a variety of OSD features.
Current Sensor with Integrated, Filtered Power Supply Unit (PSU)
Tired of using multiple batteries, LC filters, BECs for your video, etc.? The Vector's current sensor/PSU makes it super easy to power your equipment.
The current sensor is available with Deans, XT60, or wire leads.
The high efficiency, low noise PSU accepts up to 6S voltage input, and provides filtered 12V* and 5V output. It's perfect for powering most FPV gear, and also powers your receiver on multirotors with 'opto' ESCs, eliminating the need for an external BEC (the PSU should NOT be used to power servos!).
*Note that the 12V regulator does NOT boost the voltage, like a SEPIC. However, the Vector's 12V PSU has a unique Low Voltage Loss feature that drops the regulator's output by only about 0.5V if you are using a 3S pack operating below 12.5V. For example, if your 3S pack is at 11.5V, the regulator outputs about 11V. Other non-boost switching regulators typically drop the output voltage by 1.3V or more.
NOTE: SEPIC and other voltage boost regulators are generally less efficient and generate more UHF band noise, especially as your pack voltage drops, and in many cases you don't need one. All known cameras and many transmitters will operate well across the 3S voltage range. Check your transmitter manual's specs to determine this. If your transmitter does need a boost when operating at the lower end of 3S, a JST equipped boost regulator can easily be connected into the Vector's AV harness without needing to solder or cut wires.
Wiring Made Simple!
The Vector's innovative wiring harness makes it easy to connect your 5V or 12V cameras and transmitters without keeping an electrician on standby. If your camera and transmitter have servo style connectors already, you just need to plug them into the labeled plugs, select the appropriate voltages, and away you go. And, if you prefer to use two or even three flight batteries, additional filters, voltage boosters, etc., that's trivial to do without needing to do any rewiring. The harness also makes it easy to move the Vector from model to model without removing all of the wiring as well.
EagleEyes FPV Ground Station Compatibility
The Vector fully supports our EagleEyes Ground Station. On-screen menus make it easy to set up EagleEyes features. New, greatly simplified antenna tracking setup wizards make it easy to configure your EagleEyes compatible tracker.
Powerful PC Setup Software
Want to configure your Vector via your PC or laptop? Our powerful PC software and the Vector's USB interface make this easy. Drag and drop screen setup lets you see how the display will look as you configure it. Configuration files let you easily move your Vector from model to model without needing to reconfigure everything. Tabs for visualizing GPS flight data, setting manual waypoints , and many others make it quick and simple to fully utilize your Vector.
Data Logging and Telemetry
Of course, the Vector fully supports data logging of sensor and GPS parameters via internal storage, and our PC software lets you display, graph, visualize and save the data. Variable logging rates and advanced logging triggers are supported.
The Vector also embeds real-time telemetry in the video signal for use with the EagleEyes ground station.
Further, the Vector's UART port is compatible with open source telemetry transmitters and other hardware. We plan on supporting the UART interface with a variety of telemetry related features in the future.